Monday, July 14, 2008


Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again - Bob Dylan


My head is reeling and I just woke up.

Let me repeat that... my head is reeling and I just woke up. There absolutely was no point in repeating that, I just wanted to play the words in my head to see if it really was something true. And it is.

Last night, I went to bed after posting the final entry that you'd see down below. And now, I'm online again. I don't think it's a good idea, really, wasting my time like this. I'm on leave today and am supposed to do other, more relaxing things. But I don't seem to want to.

Yes, the blogging addiction is back. And it's taking it's toll on my dwindling eyesight. My head is reeling and I just fucking woke up.

I've always had poor eyesight. I had my first pair of glasses (started out at 350 for both eyes) when I was in third grade. My mother blames this on the genes I've inherited from my father and my propensity to lie down while reading one book after another.

As a kid, I was a voracious reader. I'd lug around about 7-8 books around the house and try to finish them all before nightfall. I was a silent kid, was never really allowed to go out much because I was allergic to practically everything -- pollens floating around, dust, the heat from the sun, possibly other people. Probably the picture I presented to her back then -- quiet, studious,observant -- gave her hope that I'd be something larger than life.

Boy, if she could only see me now... haven't been promoted for a year now, stuck in a job that can only be described as routinary, and filing leaves just to post this kind of gibberish. Also, I don't get to read that much anymore. I sort of carry around 2-3 books during weekends and I just stare at them. I will myself to muster enough enthusiasm to learn something new and that's the moment everything goes downhill. I'm lucky if I get halfway through a book.

I still go crazy in bookstores, though. I buy around 5-6 books and psych myself up silly. But now I have a pile of books that I don't get to read and bad eyesight to boot. Gah.

This is not the way to start the day. Definitely not.

No comments: