Thursday, June 26, 2008

I like comfort food. But I like comfort songs better.

What are comfort songs, you say? Well, these are songs I listen to whenever I find myself in really rotten and heavy and confusing situations. I'm not saying that listening to these songs help things along. They don't, really. But it's nice to feel grounded and safe, even for just a few minutes. Or an entire hour, if I have the time to just lie down and listen to them all.

Here are some of my comfort songs, all of which are currently in my MP3 player:

Caramel -- Suzanne Vega
Vienna -- Billy Joel
Stuck In the Middle With You and I Want You -- Bob Dylan
Cryin' and Crazy -- Aerosmith
This Year's Love -- David Gray
That's the Way -- Led Zeppelin
She Talks to Angels -- Black Crowes
To You I Bestow -- Mundy
Forget Myself -- Elbow
Everlong -- Foo Fighters
Real Love and Do You Want To Know A Secret -- Beatles
The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get and Tomorrow-- Morrissey
There's a Light And It Never Goes Out -- The Smiths
Hey and Here Comes Your Man -- Pixies
To Be With You -- Mr. Big
Perfect Drug -- Nine Inch Nails
Sour Girl -- STP
Patience -- Guns 'N Roses
Like a Friend -- Pulp
Beast of Burden -- Rolling Stones
Crazy Love -- Van Morrison
Sixth Avenue Heartache -- Wallflowers
Such Great Heights -- The Postal Service
Something Beautiful -- Tracy Bonham
Ghost and/or Mystery -- Indigo Girls
Strange Little Girl -- Tori Amos

After all of this, I listen to Ramones songs. Now THAT makes me happy. But that's another list altogether.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like there's a light that never goes out and to be with you, too. have you heard heart evangelista's version of to be with you? totally disgusting!