Sunday, May 25, 2008

What I don't get

is how much people champion duplicity. Some people seem to think that it's so cool hiding what they really think or feel about others. I think that's really disgusting and so 6th-grade. There are days when I'm convinced that I'm merely whiling my time on the film set of Cruel Intentions.

Honestly, I also indulge in the occasional malicious chitchat. This is something that is unavoidable, that I believe that even the best of people may have, at some point, engaged in. What's ridiculous is that some people don't know that they do it. We talk about how we don't like this or that person blah blah blah when what we're doing also speaks of poor character and judgment. At least, I can admit to doing it and be honest with myself. I know that merely acknowledging how wrong these activities are are not enough. I'd have to do something about it.

But I digress. As I was saying, I hate duplicity. I don't understand how a person can take pride in lying to people then telling others about it. How you can expect to gain another person's trust after opening up that you're not totally keeping it real with everyone else baffles me completely. And to think that people tolerate those kinds of actions and how I myself have acceded to it once before makes me cringe.

I'm not the poster girl for manners. But I know myself and I am aware of how I should conduct myself in the world I'm operating in. If I'm angry, I say so. If I hate you, it will show. I find that I have a certain difficulty deceiving myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree with you. if i don't like someone, i would either completely ignore that person or tell him/her straight to his/her face that i don't like him/her. (and sometimes, i get in trouble because of that. some people prefer to be with hypocrites.)