Wednesday, September 3, 2008

1. I've always sort of envied quiet women. I don't really know why. Today I had the pleasure of talking to one. She kept her hands folded on her lap and her voice had a soft, lilting sound to it. It was hard to stop staring at her face. Once, she said, I never feel lonely. Strangely, I believed her.

2. These days, I find it easier translating poems into puns. There is a smug sneer on my face that I can't seem to wipe off and for the life of me, I can't even remember why it's there.

3. It's terribly ironic how much I want to get out of a job that helps people get jobs.

4. You know what else is strange? You storing away certain moments to remember when you get to be alone and when you already are, you'd find that you've forgotten them.

5. I do not want constant messages. I do not want to have to go out every Friday to talk and bitch about men and jobs and panty hose. I do not want to check out new bookstores with you because there are never any. Really.

Sometimes, I think I'm not built for the consistency of friendships.

6. I miss V, though. I miss the way he used to indulge me. He always said, "Sunshine, you've never been easy to love."

No comments: