Thursday, May 1, 2008

on that lighter notes

1. This is the first time in two weeks that I'll be using my super cool original MP3 player again. You might be wondering why it's an activity that's worth mentioning online. You see, I'm one of those kooks who can't function without listening to music. Can-not function. Seriously.

I started the habit when my boy's parents gave me my first MP3 player. At first, I used it only when I was in a car and took it off when I got to my stop. I did this because I believed that I was a good, conscientious citizen and this simple act of sacrifice would minimize the possibility of accidents occuring. Then I decided to be reckless (reckless! jebesus) and tried using it 'til I reached my stop, then all the way to the signpost. Then I wore it all the way to the office. I do walk a considerable distance every morning so I get to listen to almost all the songs in my player.

Every morning on my way to work, I fantasize that the whole world is forced to listen to songs I choose; that I control what the rest of the populace can listen to. Strangely, this soothes me.

2. Last week, I interviewed a girl whose nickname is Nimrud. Really. N-I-M-R-U-D. I asked her if she knew who she was named after. As expected, she said no, she didn't.

Also last week, and I believe it was on a Tuesday, I experienced the utter pleasure of interviewing some girl named Menace. The day after, a girl named Gaylord. Her nickname, of course, is Gay.

3. My plans for my birthday have changed. My boy and I were supposed to go to Vigan for three days but because a friend of his mother's invited us to an all-expense paid, three-day trip to Pagudpud, Isabela, and Vigan, we decided that it would be better deal.

Now I didn't know anything about Isabella and I wanted to find out more about it. So we went online last night and looked it up. We managed to click on this splendiferous site: Go On And Click Me, Dammit.

It caught me at "want my little car to pull you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When or if you visit Pagudpud, don't forget to go to the Cape Bojeador Lighthouse. :)